Mr James A. Lewis
CURRENT NHS APPOINTMENT
Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff.
I am Trauma Lead at a busy University Hospital in Cardiff. My specialist
interest is in the management of both upper and lower limb trauma including complex trauma, malunion/non-union and infective complications. My NHS practice includes 4-5 weekly trauma theatre sessions and 2 trauma clinics in which I will see around 2000 patients a year.
Areas of expertise include:
- Musculo-skeletal injury including personal injuries, falling, tripping and slipping injuries.
- Upper limb injuries and surgery including to the wrist, forearm, elbow, and shoulder.
- Lower limb injuries and surgery including to the pelvis, hip, femur, knee and tibia.
- Foot and ankle injuries and surgery
- Road traffic accident injuries
- Whiplash injury
I started medico-legal practice in 2014 and see around 250 claimants a year. My clinic venues are located in the Newport, Cardiff and Swindon areas and all have good parking and disabled access. Appointments are available within a week of receipt of the medical records and reports are prepared within 7-14 days of consultation. I am happy to undertake domiciliary visits as well as desktop reports following records review.
For further information please contact my medico-legal administrator on
08445 617152 or visit www.cardiffsportsorthopaedics.co.uk.
- Medico-legal training by Professional Solutions November 2013
- CertMR Part 1 & Part 2 (Bond Solon Certificate in Medical Reporting)
- MB BCh – University of Wales College of Medicine, Cardiff (1998)
- FRCSEd (Tr&Orth)
- MSc Trauma Surgery – University of Swansea 2011
- Basic Surgical Training – Cardiff Rotation: 1999-2002
- Higher Surgical Training in Orthopaedics – Welsh Rotation: 2004-2010
- Advanced Trauma Fellowship Morriston Hospital, Swansea 2010-2011
- Post CCT Senior Clinical Trauma Fellowship – University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff – 2011-2012
- Masters degree in Trauma Surgery
- Over 18 original articles and abstracts published in International Journals
- 24 presentations at National and International meetings
- 19 audit projects on a wide range of clinical topics
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- Member of the British Trauma Society
- Member of AO Trauma