Experts Curriculum Vitae
Mr. Andrew Langston
Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon
MB BCh, BSc, MRCS, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Cardiff University, intercalated B.Sc.Pharm. 1st Class Hons. 1994
University of Wales College of Medicine, MBBCh June 1995
M.R.C.S. The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow Feb.1999
F.R.C.S. Tr. & Orth. The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Feb.2004
CURRENT POST – Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board. Specialist interests in hip and knee replacements, hip revision surgery, Other specialist interests in arthroscopic knee surgery, bunion surgery, carpal tunnel decompression, sports injuries, general trauma.
Member of All Wales Training Committee in Orthopaedics
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE – Specialist Registrar (6 years) Trauma & Orthopaedic surgery in Morriston Hospital, Swansea, Heath/Llandough Hospitals, Cardiff, Royal Glam. Hospital, Llantrisant, Ysbyty Gwynedd, Bangor and Epsom General Hospital, Surrey.
SHO (2 years) Trauma & Orthopaedic surgery in Royal Gwent Hospital, Newport, Morriston Hospital, Swansea.
(August 2004-5) Villars R. Marshall Lower Limb Arthroplasty & Arthroscopy
Location: Flinders Medical Centre & Adelaide Repatriation Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia.
Details of training: Focused on lower limb arthroplasty surgery of the hip and knee, cemented and uncemented primary and revision implants, general trauma.
ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES include…
ATLS certified, Courses in Trauma Symposium (Aug. 2001), Knee Arthroplasty Skills (Oct. 2002), Hip Arthroplasty Skills (Oct. 2002), Practical Hip Arthroplasty (Nov. 2002), Rheumatoid Surgery (Nov. 2002, Hip Arthroplasty (Feb. 2004) and Computer Assisted Surgery of the Knee (May 2005).
Series of Total Elbow Replacements 1993 to 1999 (presented at Annual Welsh Orthopaedic Society Meeting on 21st May 1999); Compartment Syndromes Masked By P.C.A. following tibial nails (presented at Orthocelt International Society Meeting in May 2000); Comparison Between MRI Reports and Arthroscopic Assessment of the Wrist (presented at Welsh Orthopaedic Society Meeting in May 2001); Preservation Knee Prosthesis. Early Experience with Computer Assisted Unicompartmental Knee Arthroplasty System in Cardiff (presented at Welsh Orthopaedic Registrars Day in June 2004); A Protocol for the Management of Paediatric Forearm Fractures (presented at Flinders Medical Centre, November 2004); CT Assessment of Balasyns Unicondylar Knee Replacements (presented at Royal Adelaide Hospital in June 2005).
- Posterior Dislocation of Hips in Adolescents During Rugby, Journal of A&E Medicine 2000; 17:429-431
Authors: K.Mohanty, S.K.Gupta, A.Langston
- Can A Compartment Syndrome Be Masked by a P.C.A. Following intramedullary Nailing of Tibial Fractures? Abstract : JBJS 2002. Authors: A.Langston, H.Richards, R.Kulkarni, E.M.Downes.
- Does Patient Controlled Analgesia Delay The Diagnosis Of Compartment Syndrome Following Intramedullary Nailing Of The Tibia? Journal of Injury (2004) 35, 296-298, Authors: H.Richards, A.Langston, R.Kulkarni, E.M.Downes.
- Regularly involved in teaching medical students from Swansea and Cardiff Universities.
- Clinical supervisor for Specialist Registrars in T&O.